10 Things to know about Yemi Alade
1. Yemi Eberechi Alade was born on the 13th of March, 1989 in Nigeria.
2. She is the 5th of seven children.
3. She has a degree in Geography from the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
4. Her break into limelight occurred in 2009 when she emerged winner of the Peak Talent Show.
5. Her song “Johnny” (released in 2013), became an international hit even before she shot the video, topping the charts in over 8 countries including Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
6. Yemi has only 2 albums so far.
7. Yemi Alade’s first album, “King of Queens” was released in 2014.
8. Her latest album “Mama Africa” was released in March, 2016
9. Yemi just concluded her 13-city European Tour (2018).
10. Her tour of Europe had been on for over 3years.
“For me now, I think it’s beyond music, I think people also come out for what I stand for, the fact that I stand for Africa unapologetically and originally as I can,” – Yemi Alade.