Before you get Dreadlocks, Read this…
1. You need at least 3 inches of hair to get started with dreadlocks.
2. Your hair and scalp need to be clean. Bust that myth of your hair needs to be dirty and greasy to get dreadlocks.
3. Dreadlocks are a permanent style, if you want to change your look you will need to cut them off.
4. If you haven’t yet made up your mind about getting locs, try doing twists for your hair which will give you a temporary deadlock look.
5. You will still need to invest a lot of time in maintaining dreadlocks.
6. Depending on the method you use to lock your hair (gels, wax, bands) carrying dreadlocks can be messy and itchy.
7. Your dreadlocked hair may not “make sense” till about a year, and they get better as the years go by.
8. The thicker your hair is, the less the work involved.